Ubuntu 1, Fedora 0

Hikaru Amano kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 19:40:51 UTC 2007

On 3/22/07, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/21/07, Hikaru Amano <kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > just noticed something new on the net
> >
> > http://niath.blogspot.com/2007/03/command-not-found.html
> >
> > https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/feisty/+source/command-not-found
> >
> > guess like another +1 for ubuntu .. how about a port for yum from
> > Fedora??
>
> Yum is not tied to fedora - fedora isn't some arch or platform, it's
> just a linux distro

yes i know .. what i meant was that perhaps someone from Fedora
community would do the porting .. instead of the plugin work with
debian based - specifically Ubuntu only ..

> > or perhaps for apt-rpm - or maybe something distro
>
> There is no such thing as a linux distro dependant software, it's all
> linux underneath,

yes its all linux underneath .. but the plugin doesnt interact with
the common ground .. it interact with apt specifically .. and apt is
commonly use by debian based distros .. we have apt-rpm, but gentoo
doesnt ..  ifconfig for example is distro independent because it work
flawlessly with any distro considering it interact on the common
ground .. but system-config-network wont work on debian/gentoo unless
someone port it to work with debian'/gentoo environment ...

what i meant by distro independant is that the application can work
with any distro regardless what user tools or environment the distro
use with minimal hassle ... perhaps with only some config editing ...

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru