openvpn easy_rsa error

Clifford Snow jcs at snowandsnow.us
Wed Mar 21 23:15:09 UTC 2007

I attempted to create an vpn server using openvpn-2.1-0.17.rc2.fc6
following the OpenVPN Quickstart instructions from
openvpn.net/howto.html.

I was getting error messages when running ./vars

The problem seems to be in the following line in the vars script

	export KEY_CONFIG=`$EASY_RSA/openssl.cnf $EASY_RSA`

which caused openssl.cnf to run.  I changed the script to read

	export KEY_CONFIG=$EASY_RSA/openssl.cnf

and then the setup worked just as described in the instructions.   Is
this a bug in the script?  I thought I'd ask here before reporting it in
bugzilla.

Thanks,
Clifford Snow