Program comparison for a no-talent artist ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Mar 22 18:56:35 UTC 2007

Hi;

I have spent a considerable amount of time learning to use the Gimp. I
don't regret that time, but recently I have been looking at InkScape
which seems more in line with the kind of thing I like to do.  But I am
concerned about a long steep learning curve.

The Gimp seems mainly oriented towards manipulating photographs and
existing pictures, clip art, etc.

I need a program for creating logo's, diagrams and illustrations for
articles and manuals that *may* end up on the Web.

As an example, I find TuxPaint for children handy.  I wish there was an
adult version.

I am asking for experienced peoples opinion on whether going from using
the Gimp to learning InkScape is likely to be worth the amount of work I
would have to put in.  I.e., having learnt some of Gimp will it be
equally as difficult learning to the same level, how to use InkScape?

All opinions will be welcomed.

--
Regards Bill