CpuSpeed unsupported

Tony Crouch acrouch2 at une.edu.au
Fri Mar 23 03:09:11 UTC 2007

Hi All,
Thanks to Matt's suggestion earlier today I have managed to fix the RPM
database problem relating to my earlier post. I went ahead and installed
all the packages I had stored in my yum cache.

One of the packages I installed was a newer (I am unsure at the present
time if it's the latest and greatest version) of cpuspeed. The exact
version is: 1.2.1-1.46.fc6

On logging into Gnome is says my current processor does not support
scaling and that my current configuration is wrong.

This seems rather odd when CPU scaling worked perfectly fine and well with
the previous version (the exact version number escapes me at the moment).

Was wondering if someone might be able to shine some light onto this for me.

Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers,
Tony Crouch