multi time zone applet

Mark Knoop mark at opus11.net
Sat Mar 24 14:12:38 UTC 2007

At 17:10 on 24 Mar 2007, François Patte
<francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr> wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> Is there a multi time zone applet to put in the Gnome panel: I would
> like to see what's the time in other time zone than mine.

I've also looked in vain for a timezone applet. Instead, I wrote this
script linked to a button on my panel. Alter the capitalised variables
to suit.

#!/bin/sh
# display clock for timezone

ICON=intclock.png
CITIES="America/Los_Angeles America/New_York Europe/Berlin
Australia/Brisbane Australia/Sydney Australia/Hobart"
TITLE="Choose a timezone"

TZ=$( zenity --list --height=270 --title="$TITLE" \
	--column="City" $CITIES ) export TZ

if [ -n "$TZ" ]
then
        xclock -title $TZ -d -update 1 &