installation via internet

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sun Mar 25 06:08:06 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> Rather than fetch the first ISO, though, fetch the rescue disc ISO.
> It's much smaller, and you can start the install from it.

:-)  If we're golfing, you can do even better by using the boot.iso
or diskboot.img images to start the install from.  They're in the
$release/$arch/os/images directory on your favorite mirror.

(One disadvantage there is that the files aren't signed so you can't
check that they are authentic the way that you can with one of the
full CD/DVD images.)

Relying on government to protect your privacy is like asking a peeping
tom to install your window blinds.
    -- John Barlow, co-founder of EFF