Fedora Core 6 DVD

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Mon Mar 26 23:01:15 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 15:01 -0700, Andy Tang wrote:
> I downloaded the Fedora Core 6 (Zod) DVD Image and burn an DVD from
> TorrentBit
> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents/Zod-dvd-i386.torrent
> Next, I tried to install that on a HP d530 x86 machine using the first
> Option (by the Graphic Install) and the installation failed at the
> point after prompting for Office and Productivity, Software
> Development, Fedora Extras.
>
> When I hit Next after picking Office and Productivity, Software
> Development and Fedora Extras, the install failed and prompted with an
> error:
>
> An error occurred unmounting the CD.  Please make sure you're not
> accessing /mnt/source from the shell on tty2 and then click OK to
> retry.
>
> I hit OK a few times but the error did not go away.
>
> I have no idea of the meaning of the above error since I am using the
> console to install the software and nothing else is accessing via
> whatever tty2 here.  So what should I do?

First, did you do an sha1sum on the ISO image you downloaded to make
sure it was OK before you burned the DVD?  If not, do it now.

Second, do NOT use any external repositories during the install.  That's
broken on FC6 installs.  Use only what's on the CD/DVD.  After the
system is installed, THEN you can "yum install" whatever you need.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
-  Jimmie crack corn and I don't care...what kind of lousy attitude  -
-                 is THAT to have, huh?   -- Dennis Miller           -