Dell to sell Linux PCs

Keith G. Robertson-Turner fedora-gmane.00003 at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 09:05:50 UTC 2007

Verily I say unto thee, that Robert P. J. Day spake thusly:
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Fred Erickson wrote:
>
>> Interesting article at PC World saying Dell to sell computers with Linux
>> installed.
>>
>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,129363/article.html?tk=nl_dmxnws
>
> i don't see anything about dell/linux at that URL, but there's this:
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,129809/article.html

Nope, that doesn't work either.

PCWorld are running some weird proprietary crap on that server, that
seems to be preventing standards compliant browsers going straight to
the article page. You need to actually click on a link on that site
first, then paste the link in the URI box to get to the original article.

Anyway, yeah the whole DellIdeaStorm phenomenon has been quite a
roller-coaster ride, and it's actually looks like Dell might really be
going for it this time ... again ... maybe.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
| Layer' when they go through our landfill sites" - Sian Berry, the
| Green Party.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2300.fc5
 10:04:33 up 7 days,  8:18,  3 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.14, 0.16