IPW3945 Booting Problem

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu Mar 29 02:08:04 UTC 2007

Thom Paine wrote:
> I have my wireless mostly working on my laptop, but I have two issues left.
>
> First off, my wpa_supplicant tries to start before my ipw3945d daemon.
> I searched, but I can't seem to figure out a way to get it to start
> afterwards.
>
> Second, I searched and found several posts on getting gnome to try my
> login password to unlock my keyring, and I tried without success on
> adding a line to my pam. My password to my keyring is the same as the
> password when I login, so I'm not sure what is causing it to not use
> my password.
>
> Thanks.

You may want to take a look at
/usr/share/doc/initscripts-8.45.7/sysvinitfiles - it describes how
the order services are started and stopped is controlled. One thing
to keep in mind if you are going to change the order of a service,
you should run "chkconfig --del <service>" before editing the file,
and run "chkconfig --add <service>" after making the changes so that
the links get updated properly.

Mikkel