Glxgears on ATI rage Pro

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sat Mar 31 12:06:25 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 22:27 -0500, Chris Mohler wrote:

> I have been down the road you're traveling on (decent 3D from a Rage
> Pro), and the conclusion  that I reached was the Rage Pro is too old
> to handle all of the fun 3D stuff you're hoping for.  Perhaps I failed
> to configure it properly, but you'll probably need (want) a more
> recent video card for Croquet et al.

Less, I agree with Chris on the card not possibly handling all the 3D
stuff.  I would just use the driver that Fedora comes with (or at least
the latest updates), as the latest ATI drivers don't support the older
cards.  You'll have to download one of their legacy drivers for that.

Otherwise, spend a few extra dollars and try to get a tad more updated
card of your choice.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless your not getting any!"