Memory Issue

luca porcu thedjpig at gmail.com
Wed May 2 12:33:39 UTC 2007

2007/5/2, Jegadeesh <kovaiteam at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I have 4GB memory in my machine . The machine is four Intel(R) Xeon(R)
> CPU - 1.60GHz  processors box. The bios correctly shows 4GB memory.
> Initially the machine had Redhat Enterprise Linux 3 on it and the
> machine showed all 4GB memory . Now I have reinstalled the OS to FC6 .
> But now machine shows only 3 GB memory.

For use more RAM use the PAE:

yum install kernel-PAE

kernel-PAE.i686                          2.6.20-1.2948.fc6      updates
Matched from:
kernel-PAE
This package includes a version of the Linux kernel with support for up to
64GB of high memory. It requires a CPU with Physical Address Extensions
(PAE).
The non-PAE kernel can only address up to 4GB of memory.
Install the kernel-PAE package if your machine has more than 4GB of memory.

bye

luca

--
Il termine Hacker
Gli hacker sono delle persone dedicate all'elevato ideale di rendere la