how to get dhclient to reconfigure link?

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Thu May 3 14:20:17 UTC 2007

Mike Chambers wrote:
> Well, if you can't find something/GUI/auto-type-program to do this for
> you, then you can at least use below command to get it going again..
>
> service dhclient (or whatever it is) restart

Well, that was my second try, but none of the available service names
looked promising.

I've often wished for a way to list all the service names along with
their description. The info is already in the scripts, but I don't know
of anything that will generate a list.

I never collected my wits enough to try

$ grep -l dhcp /etc/init.d/*
/etc/init.d/dhcdbd

but that's not the right answer anyway ;-)

Thanks!

<Joe