kernel upgrade with yum removed old kernels

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 7 20:33:34 UTC 2007

Kam Leo wrote:

> For me the submission of an RFE is a roll of the dice. In a few
> instances, very few, the developer takes the time to discuss why the
> RFE is rejected. The typical

This sentence seems unfinished. If someone doesn't take the time to
explain the first time, ask. Bugs can be reopened by the submitter or
anyone else with appropriate access.

>> Code developed within Fedora is very trivial compared to the amount of
>> software in the distribution.
>
> In quantity, yes. Quality???

What about quality? Trivial is not a meaningful qualifier for it.

> Not so. A piece of code developed within Fedora Core impacted the end
> user experience. If there had not been any impact we wouldn't be
> having this discussion.

This plugin was developed as part of upstream yum and inherited as
default.  There is nothing Fedora specific about it. If you want to look
at something more closer to Fedora there are tools like pungi or the
live cd tools.

Rahul