New Dell Inspiron 9400: From Vista to Fedora/Vista.

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Tue May 8 00:57:07 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 20:40 -0400, Nat Gross wrote:
> And....I just realized that the FC6 DVD is not bootable????

No, that's not true.  The FC6 DVD is bootable.  The only gotcha is
that on 32-bit machines, both the CD and DVD will install the 586
kernel on 686 machines.  Fix by "yum install kernel-i686"

> On my other machines I used yum to go from FC 5 to FC 6, and when I
> went from FC 4 To FC 5 I used the image on disk. This is the first
> time I actually burned the image to DVD. But... NO BOOT? Do I need the
> first FC 6 CD to boot?

If you're sure you're using a DVD drive and not a CD drive, then your
burn was bad and you should retry it.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
-       "I'd explain it to you, but your brain might explode."       -