FC6 Kb3- strange things

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Tue May 8 21:39:47 UTC 2007

2007/5/8, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca>:

> antonio montagnani wrote:
> > I am running a laptop with a combo drive QSI SBW242U
> >
> > This morning I made a backup copy of my data and everything went o.k.
> > Then I decided to prepare an audio CD out of my mp3 collection and kb3
> > went through all procedure saying that job was completed o.k..
> > But if I re-insert CD in my drive the CR reader says that there is an
> > error an CD.
> > And if a re-use the CD in KB3, is says that CD is empty, but if go
> > through the disk format menu in Kb3 I get:
> >
> > Type: CR-R
> > Dimenison 79:57:74 min 702 Mbyte
> > Remaining 00:00:00 min 0B
> > Re-writable no
> > Extensible: yes
> > Empty: no
> > Session: 0
> >
> > I am really confused, usually I use another computer for my audio CD and
> > everything goes fine.
> >
> > Any comment???
> >
> > --
> > Antonio Montagnani
> > Skype : antoniomontag
> >

> Were you trying to make an audio CD to play in regular players or a data
> CD of mp3's?
>
> If it is an audio CD, it will now show up as a group of files but should
> play with a CD player program or play in a regular CD player.  This is
> why the CD would not show any files.
>
> Try playing the CD as a regular CD.
>
> --
> Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
>     anything that is a priority, please phone.
> Robin Laing
>
> --

Tnx Robin

Of course I had already done what you suggested: if I insert the
should-have-been-audio CD I get an error on any CD audio player.
I guess that a CD may have been faulty, even if same brand (actually no
brand) is always working fine on each CD burner on my machines...

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag