Inspiron 9400, ATI Radeon 1400, external digital display

Nat Gross nat101l at gmail.com
Wed May 9 17:21:55 UTC 2007

[For those that followed my 'install thread': next step]
Trying to connect a Dell Inspiron 9400, with ATI mobility 1400, to a
Samsung 213T *DIGITAL* port.
Simple question: How? <g>

The same machine/setup with Vista worked automatically. When I plugged
in the DVI monitor cable into the laptop, Vista prompted (just like a
usb device, neat)  with various options how I want to run both
monitors. (Duplicated, different areas of desktop, laptop monitor off
- which is the option I chose.) It doesn't always work perfectly,
sometimes I get both displays, but at least it works.

I tried running system-config-display, but I get an error when trying
to save<OK>.

So, pray tell me, how do I get my external display to show off its Fedora stuff?

Thank you all;
nat