Upgrading Red Hat 9 to Core 1--where's the software?

Dwight Johnson dwj at aaronsrod.com
Wed May 9 19:38:23 UTC 2007

Ed Greshko wrote:
> Dwight Johnson wrote:
>
>> I want to upgrade Red Hat 9 to Core's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 in a
>> step-by-step manner using yum as described on numerous user web pages,
>> but I am unable to find the Core 1 fedora rpm,
>> fedora-release-1-3.i386.rpm. Will I still be able to implement this
>> incremental upgrade plan for Red Hat 9 and find the necessary packages?
>>

> You will have *much* more problems trying to do what you are suggesting.  I
> would suggest you simply do a fresh install of Core 6 after making a backup
> the vital pieces.

I am upgrading from Red Hat to Fedora.

I am running Red Hat 9 Linux on a 1999 Penguin with a 10Gb hard drive,
dual Pentium 500mHz central processors, 256Mb memory storage, HP9100 CD
Writer, ViewSonic 15" monitor, Keytronic keyboard, Logitech three-button
mouse and Ecrix VXA-1 DAT tape drive.

Is there anything in Core 6 that would not like my computer? Is it
possible I would be happier at a lower Core?

Dwight