Intel Pro Wireless 3945

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 9 22:09:13 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 16:29 -0400, Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>      Dear Friends,
>
>   Some weeks ago, my employer gave me a Dell Latitude D820 Laptop with
> an Intel Pro Wireless 3945 adapter. I installed FC6 and tried to make
> the wireless work, but eventually got the impression that one has to
> be a Fedora developer to be able to do that.
>
>   Then I heard that under F7, it would be "much easier". So I upgraded
> to Fedora 7 Test 4. There are some glitches, especially that the mouse
> seems to click on things by itself, but I am not aware how making the
> wireless work has become easier. So what exactly got easier?
>
>   Thanks!
>
>      Take care
I haver a D820 also but with a different card. Assuming you have a
driver for your card then you do the following:
1. Stop the network initscript
2. Start initscripts for NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispatcher.
When your machine boots the nm-applet icon should appear the upper right
corner of the top panel. If not run nm-applet. Then left clicking on the
icon will allow you to see the wifi access points and choose the one to
connect to (and configure it).

Aaron Konstam tel: (210) 656-0355 akonstam at sbcglobal.net