Intel Pro Wireless 3945

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Thu May 10 20:15:16 UTC 2007

     Dear friends,

  Thank you for the help. After installing those packages, Fedora now
recognizes the existence of the IPW adapter and even sees some
networks. At least, that is progress. However, I can not connect to
any wireless network (although I easily can under Win XP).

  I tried Menu > System > Administration > Network, which lists eth1
as wireless and inactive. When I try to activate it, it says
"Determining IP information for eth1... failed; no link present.
Check cable?" Apparently, the tool is not aware that wireless does not
have a cable ;)

  Interestingly, under Menu > System > Administration > Services, when
I select the entry "network", there is a comment mentioning eth1 as
active.

  When I click the icon in the upper right corner, I get a list of
available wireless networks. When I select one, it tries to connect
for some seconds and then stops without giving a reason (if eth0 is
connected, it goes back to that, otherwise, it stays unconnected).

  Thanks for your help!

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Post-Doc Researcher
Theoretical Biological Physics and Soft Statistical Mechanics