RPM Repositories

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri May 11 15:33:53 UTC 2007

Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>     Dear friends,
>
>  What RPM repositories can you recommend? Which can be access via
> yum? Which are worth putting in the yum config file, and how?
>
>  Software I might need includes: Scientific computing, software
> development, Java, Eclipse, web design, openoffice, VPN.
>
>  Thank you!
>
>     Take care
>     Oliver

Your needs are similar to mine.

I have to agree with Axel's comments.  Most of the software you need is
available in core/extras.  There are some other items that are only on a
specific repo so it would depend on the application you want to use/try.

As I am constantly looking for software, I like using Yumex as it allows
me to search for application by keyword in a GUI.  I have just changed
from gnome to KDE and I have yet to really try kyum but it looks like it
will do the same as yumex.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.