RPM Repositories

alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri May 11 18:26:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Axel Thimm wrote:

> If you are lucky you will be pointed to the repo that has your desired
> software, if you have less luck you get a pointer to a suse/mandriva
> package that you can use to create your own package. And in the worst
> case you will find no packaging at all, and then you should ask
> yourself what kind of software that is. ;)
>
> (either obsolete or proprietary)

Or Fedora Core 7.

I have been rebuilding a bunch of the packages I normally use with Fedora.
I am seeing a whole bunch of new and exciting errors.

Is there any document that details what changes have been made to RPM and
the build process?

--
"ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct