Intel Pro Wireless 3945

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Fri May 11 18:49:00 UTC 2007

     Dear Friends,

  Could my inability to connect to wireless networks be caused by a
failure of wpa_supplicant?

  This is what wpa_supplicant says when I try to start it:

wpa_supplicant failed. The error was: Stopping wpa_supplicant: [FAILED]

Starting wpa_supplicant: ioctl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: No such device
ioctl[SIOCSIWMODE]: No such device
ioctl[SIOCGIFFLAGS]: No such device
ioctl[SIOCGIWRANGE]: No such device
ioctl[SIOCGIFINDEX]: No such device
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: No such device
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: No such device
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: No such device
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: No such device
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: No such device
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: No such device
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: No such device
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: No such device
/bin/bash: line 1: 32665 Segmentation fault      wpa_supplicant -c
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -iwlan0 -Dndiswrapper -B
[FAILED]