FC6 dependency failure help?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Wed May 16 21:49:35 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've just gone through a clean install of FC6 x86_64 and have done all
outstanding updates. I want to add some software (using Pirut) from the
standard repos (main and extras) and have triggered a need for kdeutils
(although I have not explicitly asked for it) which generates this message:

Missing Dependency: libpython2.4.so.1.0 is needed by package kdeutils

I thought I could safely assume that dependency hell would not occur in the
main FC6 repos, is that not so? And can anyone point me to the correct
location of the python library?

Dave