tcpdump command

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:22:43 UTC 2007

Hi

I have to capture network traffic between an appliance and content server
using tcpdump command and then dump to a file and read and decode it using
wireshark

How do i proceed

I have used tcpdump -i eth0 -s 1500 -w dump src host 192.168.0.1 and dst
host www.example.com

when i read the dump capture file using wireshark i could only see packets
being sent from src host to destination host, I could not see any packets
being sent from destination host to src host.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal