recent upgrade caused me problems

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon May 21 03:05:26 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-20 at 16:38 -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> As I said, I've had mostly good luck with updates.  I don't trust my
> internet connection so I download the updates repo and use the local copy.

That makes sense, as if the upgrate fails you at least have local medium
to go ahead to install cleanly. But to trust my system to yum upgrade?
Ah Heyal Nah, as they say in Texas.

It's the weird seemingly untraceable crap that will make your head spin
around for a long time. If you can't find it, it's a reasonable
assumption that none of us can remote-view the problem with much success
either. For that reason, I'd never suggest an upgrade. With ten thousand
some odd files, there is no telling which is borked. :) But, it's worth
a shot if you have the medium right there at hand as you do. Otherwise,
it's a crap shoot. :) Ric