Disc Crash (LVM vg00/lv00 twice, how to recover?)

Markus Lindholm markus.lindholm at gmail.com
Wed May 23 07:10:49 UTC 2007

What I did in a similar situation was to

- Power down
- Disconnect the new root disk
- Power up with a LiveCD (I used F7-test4)
- Use vgrename to rename the volume group on the old root disk
- Power down
- Reconnect the new root disk
- Power up
- Now the old root disk should be accessible as it doesn't have the
same volume group name anymore as the new one.