help with apache

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 24 04:40:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 18:07 +0200, Andreas Bernauer wrote:
> I doubt you'll find anybody who is willing to read your 100+ lines
> httpd.conf, find out what the problem might have been and give you an
> advice.

It is probably best to post the full thing, that way some little goof
outside of where you're checking might get spotted.

Doing the following to the supplied file gives a much shorter version to
look at, that only includes the active parts of the file:

  grep -v "^#" httpd.conf | less -s

You might see the odd one or two commented-out lines where the hash was
after the first character in the line.  But you won't omit actual
configuration lines which have a comment further into them.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.