Having an Evolution and Mail notification Problem?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu May 24 19:24:11 UTC 2007

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Alan Cox wrote:

> If you are just doing email it doesn't make much sense to be locked in
> to a proprietary server.  Unfortunately there hasn't been any real
> alternative to exchange or notes if you need calendar/scheduling tied to
> email.  Our company has widely distributed offices and depends heavily
> on conference calls with everyone calling a bridge number at the same
> time.  I'd never remember the times if outlook or my phone (treo
> w/outlook sync) didn't beep at me - and they change all the time as
> people have to reschedule.  Even if an alternative to exchange existed,
> it would be pretty hard to change all the infrastructure at this point.

You are so correct.  I have never used any other feature than email.
Any calender function was working well with iCal.  Even my boss wants to

His comment was about the Calender feature that only a few people
actually use is the reason by this forced shift.  An IT person told me
it was a make work project for a particular person.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.