Having an Evolution and Mail notification Problem?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu May 24 19:49:14 UTC 2007

Robin Laing wrote:

>> How's the speed if you use browser access to owa?
>
> That depends on the load on the server.
>
> If I don't run filters, even evolution is fast.  I can copy (move really
> doesn't move) messages to my local mailbox, expunge the server inbox in
> ~2 minutes on 270 messages.

What if you either:
turn off automatically filtering, do the move to a local or imap folder
where you select the new messages and run the filters
or
let evolution run all the time with a frequent enough check for new mail
that there will only be a few new messages each time? And be sure the
inbox stays empty - Evolution may be doing a lot of work looking through
old messages even if it is only processing new ones.

>> I'm not that picky - I just read backwards from newest until I run
>> into things I've already seen.  The one thing that matters to me is
>> that when I hit delete, the selection should move to the next message.
>>

> Productivity is the key.  The main reason I don't like Evolution or
> Outlook.  To many interruptions.
>
> I prefer threaded messages and I prefer to see the dates as I normally
> work by dates.  It is one of those preferences.  I found a feature in TB
> that is great and has solved one of these issues of wanting to scan
> messages but not actually read them.  There is a setting that marks a
> message as read after X seconds.  Now I can scan messages to see if it
> has the stuff I need to read.  If it doesn't, I can either hold onto it
> marked as unread or I can delete the thread/message as needed.  :)

I guess the reason I don't care about the sort is that I already have
several separate accounts where different things land naturally and
internet list mail never mingles with business mail in the first place.
The only place this is a problem is when I send a new mail list message
and forget to set the 'from' to the subscribed address (this happens by
itself on replies).

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com