problems with gnome-screensaver-dialog and ldap

Eric Doutreleau Eric.Doutreleau at int-evry.fr
Thu May 24 20:16:26 UTC 2007

hi

i m using FC6 on our labs with an ldap authentification and i have the
following problems

our user lock their screen and when they come back they can't log in again.

indeed we have put the file /etc/ldap.conf owned by root and that can be
only read by root as we don't want anybody can see the password and the
account for binding.

it works quite well for gdm as gdm is run by root
but the gnome-screensaver-dialog which read the password is run by the user

i got the following messages in the logs

May 24 15:16:41 jamaique gnome-screensaver-dialog: pam_ldap: missing
file "/etc/ldap.conf"

Is there a way to nicely solve the problem?