Upgraded FC4 to FC5 - no access to internet

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 28 20:48:09 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 16:55 +0000, philbrog at ptd.net wrote:
> Hi,
> > > Does FC5 come with a default ipchains or firewall setup that may
> be
> > > preventing me from accessing the internet?
> > >
> > > Any other ideas?  I'm sure I'll need to provide more info but not
> sure
> what
> > > to provide at this point, so I'll wait for requests for more
> info.
> Thanks!
Somewhere along the way ipchains became iptables. Maybe that is
important. Also even if you say during installation your don't want a
firewall iptables is running.
"Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the
richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work" -- Robert
Orben
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net