I love IP Tables....

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Wed May 30 01:54:11 UTC 2007

From: "Patrick" <flymooney at gmail.com>

>   However, if I modify the car from stock; then I become responsible
> for the modifications if they contribute to an accident. If I bought a
> kit, then I can also get the court to assign blame fully or a percentage
> depending on if I correctly followed the installation instructions.

That last if has kept Scaled Composites in business. Bob Denver was only
one of the people who foolishly "redesigned" small features or failed to
lay up the fiberglass properly, ya know. (And these days Linux is still
a "kit", IMAO. That's why I add carefully considered bells and whistles
to the firewall machine.)

>   If I get a Linux distribution for free and agree to a user agreement
> which states that I am fully responsible for anything bad happening to
> the computer, then I should be held responsible for any problems it
> could create. If I do not want that responsibility, then I should not
> install the software and just stick with a stock Microsoft (or other
> vendor's) product.
>
>   Just my thoughts. They could be subject to revision should a good
> argument present itself.  :-)

I don't trust that click license in the face of a very aggressive
class action lawyer. But then, I am a happy paranoid. I'm almost
always right when the paranoia kicks in. (So maybe it ain't really
paranoia? Eghad, a person could get paranoid worrying about that
contradiction!)

{o.o}