x86_64 Vs. i386

Jeffrey Ross jeff at bubble.org
Wed May 30 20:03:47 UTC 2007

Ok, now that FC7 is about to be released shortly I am going to upgrade
from FC6 X86_64 to FC7.  My question is, is it worth going with the
x64_86 version?  Although I never tried the i386 version on this
hardware I found that I had a lot of grief with internet plugins on the
64 bit architecture and noticed that everything seemed to treat the
hardware as a dual processor machine (eg no single process would take
more than 50% of the total CPU).

So what's the advantage of using the 64 bit OS anything?  I don't run
that many CPU intensive applications, my use consists of the vast
majority of use being internet browsing, email, word processing.

Right now I'm leaning towards the i386 version, any reason not to?
suggestions, comments?

TIA Jeff