I love IP Tables....

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 31 06:43:48 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 11:18 -0700, Les wrote:
> Agreed, but when schools are dropping laptop support because they say
> it "impeded education", how on earth can we get people educated about
> what the computer can and cannot do, and how to use it appropriately.

Hmmm, I'm not surprised.  Even when computers are in a good state, you
can spend far too much time setting up to do what you want, compared to
actually doing it.  Then there's the usual sorry state of PCs in schools
with staff that are technically illiterate.

I've spent many years working in school, and to be honest, I think we're
much better off with less computers, not more.  People skills are more
important, and they're shocking, these days.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.