How Can I Boot an F7 Live Image without an Optical Drive

Schlaegel 777tahder at schlaegel.com
Thu May 31 18:41:24 UTC 2007

I have a system without an optical drive, that I want to install
Fedora 7 on. In the past I have done the hack to get grub to boot the
installation media off of a file on one of the systems partitions. Now
that there is a live image, I would like to test the system with the
new release before permanently installing it.

My hope is that there is an easy way to book directly off of the iso
image from grub. It seems that this shouldn't be too conceptually
different from booting off of a USB drive, but perhaps I am
simplifying things.

So, how can I boot the live iso image on one of my file systems from grub?

Thanks in advance.

-Schlaegel