How to maintain backup kernels?

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Thu May 31 19:19:16 UTC 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007 16:56, Paul Erickson wrote:
> The latest FC6 kernel update is having problems with the Nvidia drivers,
> so I am running on the
> previous one. How can I maintain more than one backup kernel? I have
> tried finding the answer via
>  google, but so far, no luck.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --

> cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt at telus.net

Just a bit of advice, but you're not likely to get a response when you
multiple post.

I, and someone else have already replied to your problem, but as your multip;e
posts have just come in 5hrs late, some sort of delay is going on.

Anyway. To fix the problem go to /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf

Change "enabled=1" to "enabled=0"

Now all new kernels will be saved, and available from Grub's menu.

I've sent this to you as well as the list, in case your having problems
receiving posts to the list.

Nigel.