Two FC7 questions

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Mon Nov 5 01:13:42 UTC 2007

Kam Leo wrote:
> On 11/4/07, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com> wrote:
>> We can not have you weaving all over the road! It is bad enough that
>> you are looking over at the laptop when driving. (I find that a
>> small 12V monitor like they use for backup cameras mounted where you
>> can glance at it without taking your eyes off the road work well. I
>> thought about the review mirror replacement displays, but the sun
>> visor ones would be easier to read. What I really want is a heads-up
>> display for the motor home.
>
> Don't do that in California. It's against the law.

I know the driver looking at a laptop display is against the law in
a lot of places. I am not sure about a HUD though. After all, there
are cars that come with them. Most backup cameras monitors come with
a connection so that they only display when in reverse. (Tied into
the backup light circuit.)

It would be interesting to see how using a rear view mirror style
display tied into a camera mounted in the read and giving a view of
what is behind you would be classified. After all, it is giving you
the same view as a mirror located in the same place would if it were
not for obstructions. I alway get a laugh when I start adjusting the
mirrors, and I have a rear view mirror with a blocked view. Then
again, with good outside mirrors, you don't need one.

Mikkel