running existing Fedora install in virtualizer

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 22:29:03 UTC 2007

Rick Stevens wrote:
> The answer is "yes" if you mean Xen or other virtualization system.
> Note that if your FC6 kernel is not xenified, you need to run it as a
> fully virtualized DomU, not a paravirtualized DomU, and that'll require
> a CPU that supports full virtualization (look for the "svm" [AMD] or
> "vt" [Intel] flags in the output of "cat /proc/cpuinfo").

Yes on not xenified and yes on having a vt cpu.
I'm a little bit reluctant on using Xen kernels, since they're not
working well with power management (at least they didn't last time I
checked) - and not to happy about binary drivers (I have ATI Mobility
X1400, which is still not fully supported by F/OSS drivers; and Intel
3945 which supposedly has a working F/OSS driver, now - but F8 release
notes mention that it may be messed up). Have those things changed? Is
KVM any friendlier in this case?