Selinux fun

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Fri Nov 9 01:16:17 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
>    On F8 I left selinux set up as protection. Today I was d/l the many
> files needed to support the VLC viewer. I got a selinux message saying
> it was not allowing certain files to be installed. That is when I turned
> off selinux.
>
> How can anyone be expected to use this software when it screws up
> everything your trying to do?

Install 'setroubleshoot', that makes it a breeze.  If you find any real
bugs in the default SElinux policies, be sure to file a bug report in
bugzilla against "selinux-policy" so that it gets fixed in the next
update.  The SElinux folk are pretty responsive these days with updates.

--
Mike A. Harris

Come and join us on the #fedora8 IRC help forum on irc.freenode.net