Selinux fun

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Nov 9 02:36:22 UTC 2007

Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>>    On F8 I left selinux set up as protection. Today I was d/l the
>> many files needed to support the VLC viewer. I got a selinux message
>> saying it was not allowing certain files to be installed. That is
>> when I turned off selinux.
>>
>> How can anyone be expected to use this software when it screws up
>> everything your trying to do?
>
> Install 'setroubleshoot', that makes it a breeze.  If you find any
> real bugs in the default SElinux policies, be sure to file a bug
> report in bugzilla against "selinux-policy" so that it gets fixed in
> the next update.  The SElinux folk are pretty responsive these days
> with updates.

    Hi saw settroubleshoot and it was a big 2 page thing. It listed just
about all I did today on F8.

    I then went to my F7-64 and got all the VLC files in and it works. I
got no complaint from selinux which is full on in that system. I really
can't tell what is going on with selinux but for sure it is not the same
on all three systems on this computer.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User