F8 NetworkManager & WPA2 PSK

Rodney Morris rodamorris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 22:24:02 UTC 2007

> On Nov 9, 2007 10:09 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > I don't know the answer but I under f7 you get WPA-Personal which I
> > interpret to be WPA-PSK and WPA2 Personal which I assume is WPA2 PSK.
> > This is just a guess since I have not tried it on f8.
>
> None of these options is available in F8.
>
> cu,
> Bernd.

With a fully updated F8 Test 3 system, I had no problem connecting to
my AP using WPA2-PSK.  Although I do not have the system before right
now, I am sure that I simply selected "WPA PSK" from nm-applet's drop
down menu, entered my AP's password, and selected connect.

If you continue to have difficulty connecting, try unhidding your AP's
ESSID.  I know some WLAN cards, i.e. Intel 3945s, have, or used to
have, difficulty associating with APs with hidden  ESSIDs.

Best of luck,

Rod

Best of luck,

Rod