f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Nov 11 03:40:31 UTC 2007

David Boles wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>> David Boles wrote:
>>> John Summerfield wrote:

> Thank you. That is a very clear explanation. The 'boss' like's Lenovo
> and is talking about a Thinkpad T61. Whatever that is.
>
> As I said - not a laptop fan. Keyboard is odd shaped and keys too small
> for my 'monkey fist' style of typing.

Plug in a USB keyboard when you're not mobile.

My R40 has a touchpad _AND_ a joystick (I think it's called an
ultranav). You move the mouse cursor by "bending" the funny red thing in
the keyboard, and there are _three_ (count them) buttons.

Stroking the side of the touchpad scrolls (that's usual, but the
ultranav thing doesn't scroll in linux).

And I have big hands - 26 cm span - and I don't find its keyboard
especially difficult.

--

Cheers
John