F8 says my video controller sucks.

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 05:18:07 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 00:31 -0600, Jimmy Bradley wrote:
> Unable to start Xserver, Unable to configure video.
> Sorry, but I don't have hours to spend on a search and find mission, so
> I think I'll just go with what I know will work and move on to that
> distro.

Jimmy, it's never been uncommon for a video controller to not be fully
enabled during install. I usually ignore it, use the text mode installer
as it gets the job done just as nice and maybe just a tad quicker. THEN,
after the install is done, you can dink with the video. You'd have to
goto livna or atrpms or freshrpms to get the driver to match your new
kernel anyway. So, I wouldn't sweat it at all. Just install and go on to
it! Enjoy! Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar