pirut comps-f8.xml problem

George N. White III aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Sun Nov 11 15:00:42 UTC 2007

Fresh install of F8 in a Dell PE600SC that has been running earlier
Fedora versions.  Install from DVD worked fine, but Pirut won't
get past the progress bar, and I can see that the file:

   /var/cache/yum/updates/comps-f8.xml

grows and shrinks in indefinite loop.

If I replace the mirrorlist entry in fedora-updates.repo with a single
mirror site, pirut gives:

"failure: repodata/comps-f8.xml from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors
to try.", so it appears that Pirut is rejecting all comps-f8.xml files.
The same mirror setting works using command line yum.

--
George N. White III  <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca>