How to get mail to local destinations delivered?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 13 16:54:08 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 11:39 +0000, Chris G wrote:
> Yes, OK, but what we really want to say is "please send mail to
> 'here', there's no need to do an MX record lookup, you're already
> there".  Surely there's a way to tell sendmail this?

Double-check this, but I seem to recall that square-bracketing the
domain side of the address was a technique to stop MX lookups.

e.g. chris@[127.0.0.1]

But, this is a work around.  You'd still want to find where the error is
in your network set up.  Things seem to be pointing in that direction
more than the mail server set up.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.