Hard Disk Backup Question

Ralph De Witt rdewitt001 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Nov 16 13:06:52 UTC 2007

Hi All:
I have a Dell Inspiron E1705 Computer with a 80 gig hard drive. I also have a
Western Digital 500 gig My Book External USB Hard Drive attached. I would
like to Back up the entire hard drive to a partition on the external drive. I
have very little knowledge of how to do this. I have always backed up to a CD
individual files after a data loss. I thought a auto backup routine would
work, but the computer may not be on when the backup would be scheduled, and
the external hard drive partition do not seem to want to auto mount so that
would not work. I am using the kde desk top. Could some one add to my
knowledge and help me out? TIA
--
	Yours,
	Ralph.