a way to correct a corrupt F8 iso file ?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Nov 18 22:09:01 UTC 2007

hicham wrote:
> Hello
>  I've downloaded a F8 dvd iso file, but after cheking the sha1sum, it
> gives me the wrong series of letters and numbers :(
> I was wondering if there is a tool that correct the iso file without
> having to download everything from scratch

Find an rsync mirror.

Do not use --checksum, the host will be upset with you. The time I
needed to do it (and the time I was told not to --checksum), rsync
wasn't doing anything, I think because the local time and size matched.
What eventually worked was copying the image with dd, using blocksize
and count to copy 1k less than the actual size. I then used rsync to
update that and it was all over almost instantly.

I don't understand _how_ it did it, but I _know_ it's magic.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait