Fedora 8 Wireless Networking Out-Of-The-Box

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 18 23:54:40 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 09:40 -0500, Randy Yates wrote:

> Hi Fred,
>
> Thanks for the info. How did you set your wireless channel?
>
> How did you know to start the NetworkManager service? Is
> there documentation from Redhat somewhere on this?
>
> I just tried starting the Networkmanager service and so
> far (after about 3 minutes) it's still "in-progress" - doesn't
> look promising.
> --
Assuming you have the wireless device driver losacted it is easy:
run:
Run NetworkManager and NetwotkmanagerDispatcher and stop network init.d
scripts. Ask if you don't know how.

Then when you login to a gnome session right click on the nm-applet icon
in the left of the upper panel. Choose the AP you want to connect to and
fill in the asked for information. No information for a AP that is open.
"This isn't brain surgery; it's just television." - David Letterman
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net