Sun's JRE is broken on Fedora 8

Christopher A. Williams fedoralists at cawllc.com
Mon Nov 19 14:21:30 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 13:37 +0100, Rainer Traut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Christopher A. Williams schrieb:
> >> I don't suppose finding an alternative compatible program would be a
> >> possible solution?  Are you sure that you need it in particularly.
> >
> > Don't get me wrong - if something like Evolution worked as a
> > Notes/Domino e-mail client, I'd be a very happy guy!
> >
> > I just haven't found anything out there that can. Does anyone know of
> > something?
> >
> > On a separate note, I saw that Notes 8.0.1 is scheduled for a 1/08
> > release, but there's no mention that the Java bug will be fixed then.
>
> You have not told us what Domino services you are using and how you
> connect to them.
>
> Domino understands many open protocols like POP3, IMAP, SMTP, LDAP, all
> with ssl encrytpion and so on.
> You can use fedora packaged sw like evolution or thunderbird, they work
> fine.
>
> But it also works with Notes RPC services and this is no open protocol.
> For this to work you need the notes client and your notes ID.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Unfortunately, my company has chosen not to turn
on any services other that Notes RPC services.

I really wish they would turn on POP3 with LDAP for browsing the mail
directory - it would make my life a lot easier...

Cheers,

Chris

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is.

--Yogi Berra