Turbo Memory

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Mon Nov 19 16:30:27 UTC 2007

On Monday November 19 2007 10:39:26 am Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> It sounds like they are using the flash memory as swap. I have
> seen flash memory that was designed to plug into the
> motherboard USB header that was advertised to do the same
> thing in Vista. If this is what they are doing, then
> implementing it in Linux should be a matter of making it a
> swap partition/file.
>
> If you get the motherboard,see if it detects it as a USB
> memory drive. If so, and if you are not dual booting, it would
> be just a matter of creating a swap partition, (Or making the
> entire device one big swap device.) and add a fstab entry for
> it. You would want to give it a label, and use that in place
> of a device name. You could also do this with a standard "pen"
> drive. I am not sure about the life of the device, but it
> might be fun to try it with a flash drive you don't mind
> loosing.

I was wondering about device life as well. It is a little card
that has a connector on one end, so, easily replacable, but...

I'm seriously considering that laptop as my next, which I will
use for video editing in Windows - but, I always set up my
laptops as dual boot, hence the curiousity

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA